Programming step of website design

Programming Step of Website Design

This step of website design is the process where I turn the site design layout into web pages that look and function the way we discussed in the layout step.

Speed... Studies indicate that most people will only wait 8 seconds for a web page to display on their monitor. If it takes longer than 8 seconds to load, a person will look for a website that loads quicker.

I will optimize your website pages to make sure that they load in less than 8 seconds on a 56k modem.

Currently, 81 percent of U.S. households using the Internet connect via high-speed cable or DSL. The other 19 percent of households still connect via a 56k modem or less.

In summary, it's very important to have web pages that load quickly... and load quickly on all Internet connections.

Refer to my projects page and take look at some of the web sites that I've designed and programmed.

W3C compliance... W3C is "The World Wide Web Consortium". They develop and promote standard technologies for the Web. W3C's primary goal is to make the Internet available to all people, whatever their hardware, software, network infrastructure, native language, culture, geographical location, or physical or mental ability. I will program your web pages so that they are in compliance with W3C standards.

Select W3C and visit the World Wide Web Consortium's home page. Their website contains material on every aspect of the web as it exists today as well as where the web will be going in the future.

    |   Home   |   Projects   |   Hiking Database   |   Photo Galleries   |   Calendar Database   |   Site Map   |   Search My Site   |